Thursday, February 25, 2010

Frame your memories or frames as art


Work, work, work! It’s been over a week since my last blog post and I have been one busy bee. I am in much need of the vacation I have planned with my girlfriends over the weekend. But not before I share a little something with you all! If your like me you have many photos, artwork, and memories you like to display. The process of choosing frames, art or picture size, matt color, and placement can be quite challenging and also can become boring from time to time. So... I say mix it up!

After seeing what our visual merchandiser here @ work has done with one of our walls shown to the right and even what Urban Outfitters has done with just hanging empty frames as artwork on their wall I was eager to imply this decorative feature to one of my projects and that’s just what I’m doing with one of the walls we had painted blue in the last project I blogged about. Here are some fun images of picture galleries and frames I have found to get more of a feel for the concept and pull ideas.

Add framed artwork to bring out your pop colors



Display frames stacked on top of each other to add demention and interest


Add a fun color behind your picture gallery


Jonathan Adler Private New York Residence



Happy framing! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love picture collages. I have some in my living room…It looks very ikea but I don’t care because I love it.

    ReplyDelete