Friday, March 12, 2010

Get Carried away...

Before I go to bed each night I pop something into my DVD player to doze off to. I refuse to have cable in my bedroom so usually it’s an episode of “Friends” or “Sex and the City” since I own all the seasons of both. Sometimes I switch it up and pop in a movie out of the DVD collection. Last night was a mixture of both. Sex and the city the movie :)

Are you wondering what this has anything to do with design? Well… If you remember Carrie’s apartment gets a floor to ceiling makeover which I think looked fabulous. Not just the apartment looks great but every space in the film is visually pleasing from the "heaven on fifth" apartment to Mirandas Brooklyn home, the Mexico honeymoon villa, which I found out is actually a private residence in Malibu. Even the hospital that Charlotte has her baby at isn’t bad on the eyes.

For those of you that have no idea what I’m talking about I hope you’re a heterosexual male because if not, shame on you! Carrie's apartment has already been blogged about by many after the movie came out in the summer of 08 but I love the space so much I have to do so as well. Plus this is the perfect time to remind everyone to get excited about the sequel coming out Memorial day weekend! Yayyy.. I can’t wait to see what Sex and the City 2 has in store for us in regards to life, relationships, fashion, and of course decor.

Here are some before and after shots of Carries apartment which was featured in the July 2008 issue of Traditional Home.


Before: I have the same exact same Calvin Klein sheets on my bed right now!


After: A great example of a frame photo gallerie as I blogged about before


Before: Former love interest and furniture designer Adin’s Chair sits in the right corner of Carries old living area


After: The paint color on the walls is a custom shade but a close match to Benjamin Moore's Electric Blue.

Shout out to The Rug Company! A London based company that also teams up with many designers such as Kelly Wearstler, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Vivienne Westwood. This pretty Overleaf rug from Carries apartment was designed by Marni for them, as well as this LOVE rug which hangs at the entrance of Carrie's apartment designed by Paul Smith.


Other visually pleasing spaces from the movie


Charlotte's Upper East Side apartment


Charlotte's daughter Lilly's pink room




Miranda's Brooklyn home. What caught my eye here was the Jonathan Adler reform temple vases she has sitting above her fireplace.


Mr. Big's swanky apartment


"Mexico" Honeymoon Villa

As I said before... I cant wait to see whats next! Be sure to check out the movie trailer on the Sex and the City 2 website and check back here after Memorial Day because I will surely be gushing over the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment